Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Drive in the Country…

A drive in the country…

Country-Roads

relieves my worries,

calms my heart,

makes me dream of my future.

 

The countryside shows me…

HPIM4237 a simple,

quiet,

hard-working,

traditional life.

 

The birds soaring above green fields,

and majestic trees reaching for the large sky.

image

 

Homes nestled in the quietness of the rolling hills.

Men working their land with their family and neighbors.

rodko-konstantine-chores-on-the-farm

 

Animals grazing

and chickens pecking and scurrying

in the front yard.

image

 

Daffodils surrounding the homestead,

while the laundry is blowing in the breeze

on the wash-line.

image

 

An old barn tells a story of hard work.

HPIM4802

 

A farmhouse tells a story of family love.

saunders-bill-the-red-tractor 

A simple beauty it is, to me. 

So beautiful it makes me cry…

and sometimes makes me want to fly.

1 comments:

Janet said...Best Blogger Tips

This is such a great post! The photos are just so pretty!
Blessings,
Janet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...